with Spinach and Crab
You’ll be asked for this recipe every time you serve it to guests. You won’t believe how rich and tender these spinach and crab-stuffed flounder roll-ups are.
- 4 Sea Best Flounder Fillets, thawed
- 2-½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup flaked crabmeat
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 to 8 wooden skewers
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Season Sea Best Flounder Fillets on both sides with 1-½ teaspoons salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, crab, ½ teaspoon salt and remaining pepper. Divide into four portions.
- Place one portion of crab mixture on each flounder fillet. Roll up each from the short end; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place each roll-up, seam side down, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring cream to a simmer; cook for 8 minutes. Stir in the butter, lemon zest and remaining salt. Serve with fish.