Spicy Queso Fish Quesadillas
Here’s a tasty quesadilla filled with flounder fillet, yellow rice and green bell pepper and seasoned to perfection with chili powder.
- ½ cup uncooked yellow rice
- 4 Sea Best Flounder Fillets, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Cook yellow rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Season Sea Best Flounder with chili powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; sauté for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the flounder, green bell pepper and reserved yellow rice.
- Place one tortilla in an ungreased large skillet. Sprinkle ¼ cup Colby-Jack cheese on half of the tortilla. Top with a fourth of the flounder mixture; sprinkle with ¼ cup Colby-Jack cheese. Fold plain side of tortilla over the filling.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat or until tortilla is lightly browned; turn carefully. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until tortilla is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.