Garden Vegetable Au Gratin
with Mahi Mahi
You’ll be proud to serve this delicious dish that is loaded with taste. Golden sliced potatoes, summer squash and a nice herbed cream sauce complement the delicate mahi mahi flavor.
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into to ¼" slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼"slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into ¼" slices
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Sea Best Mahi Mahi Fillets, thawed and cut into ¼" slices
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Fill a large saucepan with 2 quarts water. Bring to boil; add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook potato slices for 7 minutes. Add the zucchini and squash; boil 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine the heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, rosemary, red pepper flakes and remaining salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Drain vegetables; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Place vegetables and sliced Sea Best Mahi Mahi in a large cast iron skillet or 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Top with cream sauce; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.