Cheesy Shrimp Melts
Move over, burgers! Make way for this quick and delicious sandwich.
Shrimp seasoned with hot pepper sauce, cumin and lime juice are topped with Monterey Jack cheese and served on a toasted bun.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups Sea Best Raw Shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Carefully add Sea Best Shrimp.
- Sprinkle shrimp with cumin and salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add lime juice and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Turn heat off. Arrange shrimp in four mounds in the pan. Top each mound with one cheese slice.
- Meanwhile, toast hamburger buns. Spread with mayonnaise.
- Using a spatula, place a mound of shrimp in each hamburger bun.
Chef’s Note: For a less spicy version, omit the hot pepper sauce. These Shrimp Melts
take on a new twist with your favorite burger toppings, red onion, tomatoes or lettuce.