SPICY QUESO FISH QUESADILLAS
Here's a tasty quesadilla filled with FLOUNDER FILLET, yellow rice and green bell pepper and seasoned to perfection with chili powder.
PRINTER FRIENDLY - CLICK HERE
|1/2||cup uncooked yellow rice|
|4||Sea Best Flounder Fillets, thawed and coarsely chopped|
|2||teaspoons chili powder|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1/2||cup chopped green bell pepper|
|4||flour tortillas (10 inches)|
|2||cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese|
|1/4||cup sour cream|
- Cook yellow rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Season Sea Best Flounder with chili powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; sauté for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the flounder, green bell pepper and reserved yellow rice.
- Place one tortilla in an ungreased large skillet. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Colby-Jack cheese on half of the tortilla. Top with a fourth of the flounder mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Colby-Jack cheese. Fold plain side of tortilla over the filling.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat or until tortilla is lightly browned; turn carefully. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until tortilla is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.