SPICY SEAFOOD STEW
New Orleans fish stew, garnished with spicy fried CLAMS, is a great culinary creation. This effortless entrée is sure to receive rave reviews.
|2||cups diced onions|
|1||cup diced sweet red bell peppers|
|1-1/2||cups diced tomatoes|
|1||cup diced Yukon Gold potatoes|
|1/4||teaspoon dried oregano|
|1-3/4||cups chicken broth|
|1/4||cup hot pepper sauce|
|2||cups Sea Best Cooked Shrimp, thawed|
|1-1/2||cups Sea Best Ocean Perch Fillets, thawed and cut into 1” x1” pieces|
|5||ounces Sea Best Breaded Clam Strips|
|1/4||cup sliced scallions|
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and red bell peppers; cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add tomatoes and potatoes; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in salt and oregano; cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Add Sea Best Shrimp and Ocean Perch. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn heat off and cover.
- Meanwhile, cook Sea Best Breaded Clam Strips in oil according to package directions until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve stew topped with crispy clam strips and sliced scallions.